Ingredients40 m servings 178 cals
- Place shredded potatoes and apple in a clean kitchen towel. Gather towel on top and wring out excess liquid.
- Combine potatoes, apple, eggs, flour, and green onion in a bowl.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large heavy sauce pan over medium-high heat.
- Form mixture into palm-sized patties; fry in hot oil, working in batches, until golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes on each side. More oil may be needed with each batch.
- Remove pancakes from oil with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel-lined plate. Sprinkle with salt.
- Serve pancakes topped with sour cream.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 178 calories; 4.7 g fat; 29.4 g carbohydrates; 5.7 g protein; 75 mg cholesterol; 69 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
Don't think 'pancakes' - they are really Potato Latkes. You don't really taste the apple, none the less they are very good. I used one huge russet baking potato - grated it into a salad spi...
I thought this was very good. I used 7 small russet potatoes (the size that comes in the 10lbs bags)and one Granny Smith apple. Very easy to make, served with homemade apple sauce, a great c...
I was intrigued at the thought of potato pancakes/latkes with apple. You can't fully discern the apple, but it adds mild sweetness. However, they were a little bland. I didn't have any green oni...
We loved these! A nice little twist, with the grated apples! Will definitely make these again! Thank you, HeidiS!
I really enjoyed this. Since some said the Apple taste didn't really come through I made it with 2 apples. I think next time I will make it with 3. I also did not peak the apples. Why waste the ...