Ingredients45 m servings 257 cals
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain; let cool and crumble. Reserve bacon drippings in skillet.
- Combine crumbled bacon, potatoes, flour, eggs, garlic, thyme, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Pour vegetable oil about 1/4-inch deep into skillet with bacon drippings and place over medium heat; heat until the oil and bacon drippings shimmer.
- Gently drop potato mixture by heaping tablespoon into hot oil and flatten potatoes into small patties about 3 inches in diameter. Cook until browned, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Cook's note:
- Keep pancakes warm in 275 degree F (135 degree C) oven.
Per Serving: 257 calories; 12.1 g fat; 29.8 g carbohydrates; 7.8 g protein; 75 mg cholesterol; 188 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
I normally don't do unrated recipes. It came out pretty good. I would advise to drain the potatoes as well as you can before mixing everything together. I will also suggest using the dried minc...
Delicious! We do not care for thyme, so I just subbed some parsley (yes, I know it's not the same, lol). LOVED the flavor of these...a definite keeper~YUM! Thanks for sharing. :)
Very good... I oven fried instead. Use the bacon grease on the bottom of a cookie sheet, spoon on and flatten. They needed about 15 minutes per side. I didn't drain the potatoes but would nex...
Love this! I don't have thyme so used dried basil instead. It came out great! Definitely a keeper dish.
These were amazing. The only thing I added was half an onion, diced, to add to the savory flavors of garlic and thyme. I served it under poached eggs and ketchup. It was a hit with me and my gir...
I usually make potato pancakes but the bacon just took it to a whole new level. I love it.