Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 871
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 pizzas)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Coat portobello mushrooms with about 1/4 cup olive oil on both sides; arrange mushrooms gill-side up on a baking sheet.
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Cook and stir onion and garlic in hot oil until onion begins to turn translucent, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir turkey into onion mixture and reduce heat to medium-high; season with salt. Continue cooking and stirring until turkey is no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Drain turkey, reserving about 1 tablespoon grease in the skillet.
- Stir tomatoes and pesto sauce into the turkey; simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is heated through, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Place a slice of mozzarella cheese in the center of each mushroom cap and sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese.
- Divide turkey pesto sauce evenly over the mushroom caps.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese has melted, 10 to 15 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- After removing the mushrooms from the oven, do not let them sit in their juices for more than a few minutes. If you do, the mushrooms will become soggy and lose their texture.
Per Serving: 871 calories; 71.3 9.1 49.7 143 1012 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This recipe is delicious and easy to make. I made a few changes and left out the pesto, added Italian seasoning to the meat and onion mixture before adding the fresh tomatoes. I cooked the mushr...