Ingredients30 m servings 574 cals
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Whisk ale, flour, sesame seeds, cornstarch, and baking powder in a large bowl. The batter will be thick and slightly lumpy.
- Dip 7 to 8 strips of mushroom at a time into the batter, shaking off excess.
- Fry mushrooms in batches in the preheated oil until golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the batter. The actual amount of the breading consumed will vary. We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 574 calories; 31.5 g fat; 54.6 g carbohydrates; 9.7 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 257 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I used baby porobello's and did not cut them. The taste was awesome, Husband say's I should half them. Even still he made me take the plate away because he could not stop eating them. I also use...
made this tonight. batter was super easy but bland. when I added garlic salt, onion powder, smoked Spanish paprika and a hint of cayenne pepper it made it so much better. we used whole baby Port...