Green Apple, Jicama, and Prawn Salad with Mint, Lemongrass, and Dijon Dressing
Ingredients45 m servings 340 cals
- Bring a small pot of water to boil. Cook shrimp in boiling water until they are bright pink on the outside and the meat is no longer transparent in the center, 3 to 5 minutes; drain.
- Rinse shrimp with cold water to cool completely. Peel, devein, and slice shrimp in half lengthwise; set aside in a bowl.
- Toss apple, jicama, and carrots together in a large bowl.
- Place mint leaves, olive oil, sugar, vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic, and lemongrass in a food processor. Pulse until blended but slightly chunky, about two 10-second intervals.
- Pour dressing over apple mixture; toss until well mixed. Cover salad and shrimp separately with plastic wrap; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Mix shrimp into salad before serving; garnish with cilantro.
Per Serving: 340 calories; 28.2 g fat; 18.7 g carbohydrates; 3.6 g protein; 27 mg cholesterol; 138 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
This is a very tasty dish for sure. The only change I made was to use rice vinegar instead of white. A little labor intensive, but so worth it. Salad does need to sit a little while to let the d...
I will definitely make this again. I took the advice of a reviewer, and because we're cutting back on sugar, added just a 1/4 teaspoon. The only thing I did different was I put the cilantro in...
Yes, I will make again! I used pomegranate vinegar instead. Also, I recommend reducing sugar to 2 TBS