Ingredients25 m servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Season pork with salt. Wrap bacon around edge of each chop; secure with wood toothpick. Combine 4 tbsp. barbecue sauce and 1/2 c. lager beer (or non-alcoholic beer).
- Heat oil in large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Stand chops bacon-side down in skillet, lean against side of pan if needed. With tongs, turn chops along bacon-wrapped edges to lightly brown bacon, about 3 1/2 min. (about 45 sec. to brown each section). Place chops, flat side down, in skillet; cook until underside is lightly browned, about 1 min. Turn chops over. Spread equal amount of beer/barbecue mixture over top of each chop, letting excess run into skillet.
- Place skillet with chops in oven and bake for 10 min. or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Transfer each chop to a dinner plate and let stand while making sauce.
- Drain fat from skillet, leaving browned bits. Heat skillet over high heat until hot. Add broth and bring to a boil, scraping up browned bits with wooden spoon; boil until reduced by half, about 2 min. Top each chop with spoonful of sauce and serve hot.
- Nutritional Information per Serving:
- Calories: 350 calories; Protein: 51 grams; Fat: 11 grams; Sodium: 1120 milligrams; Cholesterol: 130 milligrams; Saturated Fat: 3 grams; Carbohydrates: 7 grams
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Totally delicious! The only thing I didn't do was the instructions on how to fry the bacon-wrapped pork chops - just fry the bacon and then bake on top of the pork chops. If I missed out on some...
This was delicious! I added a little more BBQ sauce to the top of the pork chops. Also added more chicken broth and thickened it up to make more sauce.
It was very good and tasty, but the bacon was a little soggy. I probably should have cooked it longer. I also added chopped onions on the bottom of the baking dish and then laid the pork chops o...