Ingredients1 h servings 543
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook chicken thighs in the hot oil until browned, about 5 minutes per side. Remove chicken thighs and set aside. Watch Now
- Cook and stir onion in the same skillet until softened, about 5 minutes. Watch Now
- Stir in garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Watch Now
- Stir in tomatoes, orange juice, orange liqueur, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes until thoroughly combined. Watch Now
- Return chicken thighs to the skillet, cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until chicken is tender and no longer pink inside, 25 to 30 minutes. Watch Now
- Cook's Note:
- I often substitute chili-infused olive oil for the red pepper flakes. This recipe will allow for more thighs to be added dependent upon the size of the skillet.
Per Serving: 543 calories; 18.5 67.6 22.3 64 206 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Good, flavorful recipe. I did not have orange juice so I used the juice of two whole oranges and added a little water so there was enough liquid. I also added some of the orange pulp to ensure...
This was an easy recipe to follow. The flavor is very subtle. The changes I made are: stewed tomatoes with Italian seasoning instead of diced tomatoes and I used a whole chicken (fryer). It ...
I tweeked this recipe a little. I used tangerines in place of oranges and chopped sweet red pepper in place of pepper flakes. This is by far one of the best chicken dished I've ever maede. And S...
Another reviewer referred to the flavor as subtle- I'll go one step further and say it's non-existent. Unfortunately, this is just a really bland dish.