Ingredients1 h servings 543 cals
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook chicken thighs in the hot oil until browned, about 5 minutes per side. Remove chicken thighs and set aside.
- Cook and stir onion in the same skillet until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes, orange juice, orange liqueur, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes until thoroughly combined.
- Return chicken thighs to the skillet, cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until chicken is tender and no longer pink inside, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- I often substitute chili-infused olive oil for the red pepper flakes. This recipe will allow for more thighs to be added dependent upon the size of the skillet.
Per Serving: 543 calories; 18.5 g fat; 67.6 g carbohydrates; 22.3 g protein; 64 mg cholesterol; 206 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Good, flavorful recipe. I did not have orange juice so I used the juice of two whole oranges and added a little water so there was enough liquid. I also added some of the orange pulp to ensure...
This was an easy recipe to follow. The flavor is very subtle. The changes I made are: stewed tomatoes with Italian seasoning instead of diced tomatoes and I used a whole chicken (fryer). It ...
I tweeked this recipe a little. I used tangerines in place of oranges and chopped sweet red pepper in place of pepper flakes. This is by far one of the best chicken dished I've ever maede. And S...
Another reviewer referred to the flavor as subtle- I'll go one step further and say it's non-existent. Unfortunately, this is just a really bland dish.