Ingredients40 m servings 597
- Heat butter and olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Cook and stir leeks in hot butter and oil until softened, but not browned, about 5 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add chicken broth, potatoes, dill, and bay leaf. Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk half-and-half with flour in a small bowl until smooth; set aside.
- Mash about half of the potatoes against the side of the pot using a fork for a creamy, chunky soup.
- Stir flour mixture into the soup. Continue simmering until thickened, about 5 minutes.
Per Serving: 597 calories; 9.3 116.4 15.1 22 1045 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Awesome recipe. I used fat free half and half to cut fat and calories. Otherwise, AWESOME recipe
This is a nice recipe however I suggest cooking the leeks and adding the flour to the leeks to cook off the raw taste of the flour for a few minutes before adding the broth etc... I had to use...
Worked out very well. Used vegetable stock instead of chicken broth (to appease the vegetarian in the house) and used milk instead of half & half (because that's all I had in the fridge). Very...
As the recipe is written I think it would have turned out to be more like mashed potatoes than soup. Half a teaspoon of dill was too strong, 1/4 tsp might taste better. I ended up using 4 cups...