Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 356 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook and stir leeks in the melted butter until tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir potatoes and chicken broth into the leeks and bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low, cover the pot, and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 12 minutes.
- Stir peas and tarragon into the soup; simmer until peas are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the soup into a blender, filling the pitcher no more than half full.
- Hold down the lid of the blender with a towel and carefully start the blender, using a few quick pulses to get the soup moving before leaving it on to puree. Puree in batches until smooth and pour into a clean pot. Alternately, you can use a stick blender and puree the soup in the pot.
- Pour milk into the pureed soup and bring to a simmer over medium heat until heated through. Season with salt and black pepper.
Per Serving: 356 calories; 4.3 g fat; 67.4 g carbohydrates; 13.2 g protein; 16 mg cholesterol; 1095 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I absolutely loved the taste. The peas gave it a nice, sweet quality. But in the eyes of my 5 year old, it was "green stuff," so she really struggled to even touch it. It's not the most visually...