Ingredients21 m servings 253
- Heat a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat.
- Mix the self-rising flour and buttermilk together in a bowl until a workable dough forms; turn out onto a lightly floured work surface.
- Pat the dough into a 1 1/2-inch thick round.
- Cut the dough into 4 wedges.
- Sprinkle enough all-purpose flour into the bottom of the skillet to lightly coat.
- Cook the dough in the hot skillet until evenly browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes per side.
Per Serving: 253 calories; 1.2 50.8 8.4 2 858 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
These are exactly what I remember eating in Ireland. It can't be any easier than this. (For those who don't have self rising flour add 1 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt to each cup of A...
I just had to try this interesting recipe. I did make my own self-rising flour and shaped the dough into six rounds and baked at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. I was not disappointed. They were q...
Can't believe how simple these were! I did add 1/4 cup of old fashioned oats to the buttermilk and let them sit for a couple minutes before adding them to the flour. Just finished baking them i...