Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 5 m servings 489 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Cook bacon in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, about 10 minutes; transfer to a large pot, reserving the drippings in the skillet.
- Cook sausages in the hot bacon drippings until evenly browned, 3 to 5 minutes per side; add to the pot with the bacon.
- Cook and stir onion and garlic cloves in the bacon drippings until tender, 5 to 7 minutes; transfer to the pot with the bacon and sausages.
- Place the caraway seeds, rosemary, sage, thyme, and bay leaf onto the center of a 8-inch square piece of cheesecloth. Gather together the edges of the cheesecloth and tie with kitchen twine to secure.
- Layer the potatoes and carrots atop the mixture so the spice satchel rests in the middle of the ingredients.
- Pour enough apple cider into the pot to cover the ingredients completely.
- Place the pot over medium heat; bring to a simmer and cook, taking care to not boil, about 90 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley to serve.
Per Serving: 489 calories; 23.9 g fat; 41.3 g carbohydrates; 26.8 g protein; 97 mg cholesterol; 881 mg sodium. Full nutrition