Indian Curry Couscous with Broccoli and Edamame
Ingredients30 m servings 413
- Bring the vegetable broth to a boil in a saucepan. Add couscous and reduce heat to medium; simmer until broth is absorbed and couscous is tender, about 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add ajowan seeds.
- When seeds begin to sputter, stir in garlic and reduce heat to medium.
- Stir turmeric, curry powder, hing powder, chili powder, and cinnamon into the garlic mixture until garlic is browned, about 3 minutes.
- Cook and stir edamame and broccoli in the spice mixture until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Drizzle sesame oil atop vegetables.
- Spoon vegetables over couscous to serve.
Per Serving: 413 calories; 18 45.6 22 0 317 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This was very tasty and pretty easy to make as well. I loved the blend of spices. As a carnivore, I decided to add chicken. With the chicken, it probably does not need as much edamame as the ori...
I did make everything as per this recipe but I felt the curry was dry. So I added a cup of water, reduced the heat to low and added a spoonful of cream cheese. This turned out great!!