Paddy's Chile Verde
Ingredients4 h 45 m servings 487 cals
- Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- Arrange the tomatillos, onions, poblano peppers, and garlic on a baking sheet.
- Cook the vegetables under the broiler until the skins are charred on the side facing the heater elements; turn the vegetables and continue cooking until equally charred, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Remove and discard the root and outer skin from the onion and garlic; remove and discard the stem and seeds from the peppers.
- Working in batches, combine some of the tomatillos, onion, poblano peppers, garlic, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, lager-style beer, cumin, salt, and pepper in a blender to about half full. Holding the lid in place, pulse a few times to get the mixture moving before leaving the blender on to puree to a smooth texture; pour into a slow cooker.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Cook and stir the lamb cubes in the hot oil until browned on all side, about 5 minutes; transfer to the slow cooker.
- Cook on High for 4 hours.
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 487 calories; 22.4 g fat; 24.6 g carbohydrates; 41.9 g protein; 124 mg cholesterol; 1011 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
It was great! I love the Irish-Mex combo! Served it with some roasted red pepper and on a bed of brown rice and it was a hit. Thanks for the recipe!
We don't have fresh tomatillos in Australia, so I had to use canned. I also didn't have lager so I used beef stock. A few little changes but not too many. It was fabulous! I served it with a...