Ingredients8 h 30 m servings 430 cals
- Beat cream in a large glass or metal mixing bowl with an electric mixer. Gradually add confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract, continuing to beat until the cream holds stiff peaks. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the whipped cream should form a sharp peak that holds its shape.
- Spread a generous teaspoon of whipped cream on each cookie. Press cookies together to make 3-inch stacks.
- Spread a 1-inch wide line of whipped cream down center of a serving platter. Assemble cookie stacks into a log on platter following the line of whipped cream.
- Frost cookie log with remaining whipped cream and sprinkle with grated chocolate.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, slice diagonally to create striped pieces.
Per Serving: 430 calories; 29.7 g fat; 38.3 g carbohydrates; 4.3 g protein; 84 mg cholesterol; 270 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 24
My family has made this recipe since I was a kid but the cookies can be difficult to find. They are called Famous Chocolate Wafers by Nabisco. They come in a Yellow rectangular box and are usu...
My Mom and Dad were married just before WWII. Mom made this cake all the time. My sister and I loved it! It is so easy to make. The cookies turn into cake in the frig. Yum!
My recently deceased mother in law used to make this. It made me nostalgic for her wonderful Sunday dinners. I am going to surprise my husband as soon as I can get the wafers. It sounds exactl...
For those who have trouble finding the wafers, they are called Famous Chocolate Wafers. A quick Google search turned up online ordering sources and a ubiquitous BigBox store beginning with W. ...
I never knew this was called zebra cake! Thanks for sharing! This recipe was recently featured in a magazine, but it was done in stacks of 5 cookies, with fruit neatly displayed on top..a very n...
I recently watched a video here on allrecipes about how this recipe came about. I totally set out to make it when I came across the chocolate wafer cookies. What a great and easy plea-z recipe. ...
I know this is an excellent recipe and I'd love to make it, but I need to know - Where do I find the wafers????? I've looked everywhere I can think of, where can I buy them?
I can't explain why this simple cake is so good, but it just is! Don't question it! I made the original version but sprinkled Starbucks instant coffee over the top instead of grated chocola...