Gram's Potato Candy
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 75
Original recipe yields 32 servings
- Place potato cubes in a small sauce pan and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Mash potato in a large bowl until smooth.
- Stir 1 cup confectioners' sugar into mashed potato; mix well. Gradually stir remaining confectioners' sugar and milk to form a firm dough. Incorporate green food coloring at this point if using.
- Sprinkle work surface with confectioners' sugar, and roll dough into an 8x12-inch rectangle about 1/2 inch thick.
- Spread peanut butter evenly onto the dough.
- Tightly roll dough into a log, jelly roll-style, beginning at the wide end.
- Wrap log in plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator until the candy sets up, about 1 hour. Cut into 1/4-inch slices.
- Cook's note:
- I usually am more generous with the amount of peanut butter used. You don't want to use so much that it squishes out when rolling it up. Also, expect to use more sugar for bigger potatoes.
Per Serving: 75 calories; 1.4 15.4 0.8 < 1 13 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I am so glad I found this recipe! It's been years since I had this candy as a child.