Arugula and Romaine Salad with Red Grapes
"I looked into my refrigerator to see what I had...and the ingredients jumped to my imagination. I thought: I think this has to taste good and go well with my baked grouper dinner...and it was not only good but great! The mild bitterness of the arugula and the sweetness of grapes and pickled veggies is a perfect combination. A cool crisp pinot bianco is the perfect match."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 15 m servings 348
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Whisk water, white vinegar, and sugar together in a bowl until sugar has dissolved.
- Stir cucumber and onion into the vinegar mixture; cover and refrigerate for 3 hours. Drain vegetables.
- Toss romaine lettuce and arugula with olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a large bowl. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Divide salad on 2 plates and scatter cucumber mixture and grapes on top to serve.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use sugar substitute for the pickling.
- Vinaigrette proportions could be altered to your taste.
Per Serving: 348 calories; 24.2 33.9 1.9 0 18 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This was a great salad. I didn't have onion so I used onion powder in the dressing and didn't have cucumber. I used a blend of arugula/baby spinach/herbs that was prepacked by the store. The gra...