Ingredients9 h 25 m servings 321
- Place raisins in a small bowl; pour in whiskey and allow to soak overnight.
- The next day, drain raisins and reserve the leftover whiskey.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Stir drained raisins, orange peel, and caraway seeds into dry ingredients.
- Beat in buttermilk and 1/4 cup melted butter to make a thick batter.
- Transfer batter to prepared casserole dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Beat 1/2 cup butter in a bowl until fluffy; beat in reserved whiskey, 1 teaspoon at a time, to taste. Serve with soda bread.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 321 calories; 12.2 43.8 4.7 32 480 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 16
Love this recipe! It is very tasty and moist, no need to spread butter on it.
SOOOOOO good! I used craisins instead of raisins and used a sweet whiskey (SoCo). yum :)
The only changes I made were that I used currants instead of raisins and I used 1/2 Tbsp of orange extract instead of orange peel. It was a great tea bread!
Really liked this one, and I have made a lot of different ones. The whiskey butter, in my opinion, just takes it up a notch.
I used half the amount of whiskey, changed the flour to spelt flour, used soy milk instead of buttermilk, and honey instead of sugar. All of the changes were for family preferences. The bread ...
So Yum!! I followed the recipe to the T and it was delicious. Everyone loved it. thank you!
Oh my goodness. This bread is so good. The whiskey butter is a must.
This is the best Irish Soda Bread ever!! I made for a dinner party along with the Guinness Stew &