Ingredients2 h 40 m servings 440
- Place flour into a large bowl; toss corned beef cubes in flour to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a large heavy pot or Dutch oven over medium heat and brown corned beef cubes on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the spice packet from the corned beef over the meat; mix in potatoes, parsnips, carrots, onion, water, stout beer, beef broth, and any unused flour; stir to combine. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until corned beef is very tender and the stew has thickened, 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Mix cabbage into the stew and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in vinegar.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 440 calories; 23.8 39.5 19.2 73 1027 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
Stew is always a 'whatever I have' mosh pot in my kitchen. With that said I am rating this with a few substitutes but really do not think it changes the outcome except for minor personal tastes...
I haven't tried this as of yet, but I know it will be wonderful I can smell it cooking already. Thanks for the recipe..
Wonderful recipe! It was a huge hit. I added 6 garlic cloves, 1 TBS pickling spice & homemade beef broth.
I made this for our St. Patrick's Day Sunday dinner. We had our Mexican friends over and they loved it! Even my daughter, who didn't think she'd like it ate a bowl. I didn't really make any c...