Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 119
Original recipe yields 12 servings (24 deviled egg halves)
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in the hot water for 15 minutes. Remove from hot water and chill at least 30 minutes in a bowl of cold water or in the refrigerator, until eggs are cold.
- Prepare egg dye according to package directions in a large metal or glass bowl.
- Gently crack eggs but do not remove shells so that the egg dye can reach the egg whites.
- Place the cracked hard-cooked eggs into the dye, working in batches if necessary, until dye seeps through the cracks and colors the eggs slightly, about 5 minutes per batch.
- Rinse eggs and peel to expose the green marbled color; slice eggs in half lengthwise.
- Scoop egg yolks into a bowl and mash with a fork and mix in the mayonnaise and celery; stir green food coloring into the yolk mixture.
- Spoon the yolk mixture into the egg halves; top each egg half with a parsley leaf.
You might also like
Per Serving: 119 calories; 8.9 3.1 7.5 188 121 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I made my egg dye using 1 cup warm water & 1/4 cup white vinegar + green food color. My eggs must have had really thick membranes because even though I thoroughly cracked the shells the dye did...