Ingredients40 m servings 84
- Place asparagus and hoisin sauce into a resealable plastic bag and shake several times to coat asparagus with sauce. Allow to stand at least 30 minutes. For best flavor, refrigerate and marinate overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove asparagus from bag and shake off excess hoisin sauce; lay asparagus spears onto the grill and cook, turning every 1 to 2 minutes, until all sides of the spears show grill marks and hoisin sauce has caramelized onto the asparagus, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Transfer asparagus to a serving platter and sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 84 calories; 1.9 15.1 3.2 < 1 412 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 13
It is a winter time and I don't use my grill. Instead I baked asparagus for 15 mins on 400F, keeping souse on. Just before serving I sprayed asparagus with a little of lemon juice. It turned ou...
Easy - delicious and cooks so fast - I pulled the meat off the grill - tossed these on - by the time the meat had rested the asparagus was done. Perfect.
I really enjoyed this simple recipe for grilled asparagus, and I didn't change a thing. The hoisin sauce gives a slightly sweet flavor that balanced out any tendency toward bitterness. I will ...
Needed an Asian side dish to go along with my teriyaki beef and rice. Made this on my grill pan inside and it was delicious. The teriyaki beef dish I made was from Rachael Ray. Have made it q...
Very good and very easy to make. I'd never grilled asparagus prior to this. I'll definitely make this one again when I'm grilling something else. My date loved it too!
Paired with seared sesame tuna and Japanese grilled mushrooms for a super meal.
What can I say? It’s asparagus and another way to disguise it’s taste. It works.