Ingredients55 m servings 530
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a boil. Stir in penne and return to a boil. Cook pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but still slightly firm, about 11 minutes; drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook and stir broccoli, asparagus, mushrooms, onion, garlic, and 1/2 cup pine nuts until the broccoli and asparagus are tender, about 8 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat and stir in flour and 1 teaspoon salt until smooth. Slowly whisk in milk until thoroughly combined, bring to a simmer, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer sauce, whisking constantly, until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Remove sauce from heat and whisk in prepared pesto. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Pour pesto sauce into skillet with broccoli mixture; gently stir in penne pasta until thoroughly combined. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon pine nuts to serve.
Per Serving: 530 calories; 26.5 56.6 21.5 23 599 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
It was good but the portions were off. I had to add extra milk to make enough sauce for all the pasta, For extra flavor I added a half a can of chicken stock and let it cook down a little. But I...
I used chicken cooked with sambal oelek chili paste, an idea I found in another recipe to add some spice and didn't add asparagus. Also substituted sunflower seeds for the pine nuts. Didn't quit...
I made this! Forgot to photograph but it was awesome! I added a solid pinch of dried ghost pepper and enough fresh Parmesan to make it gooey and it was awesome!!!!