Okinawan-Style Pad Thai
Ingredients40 m servings 597
- Whisk together rice wine vinegar, 1/2 cup sugar, oyster sauce, and tamarind pulp in a saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes; remove from heat and set aside.
- Place rice noodles in a large bowl and pour enough cold water to cover noodles. Allow to soften, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Heat peanut oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir eggs and garlic in hot oil until eggs are softly cooked, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir chicken and noodles into eggs and cook until chicken is no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, about 5 minutes.
- Pour rice wine vinegar sauce, 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar, and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt into the noodle mixture.
- Stir peanuts, ground radish, and chili powder into noodle mixture; cook until peanuts soften slightly, about 5 minutes. Add more sugar or chili powder if desired.
- Remove from heat and toss chives with noodle mixture. Top with bean sprouts and garnish with lime wedges.
Per Serving: 597 calories; 31 61.6 21.1 117 635 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Hi, I made this Pad Thai today and it was delicious. I love tamarind and this was the only recipe with tamarind in it. I think I'll try to make noodles a little different and pour hot water ove...
This pad thai recipe comes out tasting like pad thai... plus it's very simple to make. I have never had tamarind paste or grated radish to add, but I'm sure those ingredients would make it taste...