Ingredients45 m servings 399 cals
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan and stir in couscous. Bring back to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover the pan, and simmer couscous until water is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to stand covered for about 5 more minutes to let couscous dry.
- Stir butter and 1 teaspoon basil lightly into couscous until butter is melted; set couscous aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir asparagus, zucchini, red bell pepper, and garlic in the hot oil until the vegetables are tender and just starting to brown, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Pack the couscous tightly into a measuring cup or bowl; place serving platter face down on top of the cup, invert the platter, and remove cup to turn couscous out onto the platter in a rounded shape.
- Arrange cooked vegetables around the mound of couscous; place 1 sprig of basil in center of couscous to serve.
Per Serving: 399 calories; 11.2 g fat; 67.3 g carbohydrates; 15.8 g protein; 13 mg cholesterol; 45 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Very simple, but tasty. Didn't have the couscous with flax seed so substituted whole wheat couscous with a roasted garlic and olive oil flavor. Used orange pepper instead of red. Omitted butt...
Trying to eat more veggies and this recipe did the trick. My husband loved it ... I also make this with other veggies I have hangin'out in my fridge. Quick & easy anytime.