Ingredients55 m servings 320 cals
- Place portobello mushroom caps into a large resealable plastic bag and pour in balsamic vinegar. Seal the bag and shake several times to coat mushrooms with vinegar; set aside to marinate.
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from broiler's heat source, and preheat oven's broiler.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut red and yellow bell peppers in half from top to bottom; remove stems, seeds, and ribs. Place the peppers cut sides down onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Cook under the preheated broiler until the skin of the peppers has blackened and blistered, about 5 minutes.
- Place the blackened peppers into a bowl and tightly seal with plastic wrap. Allow the peppers to steam as they cool, about 20 minutes. Once cool, remove the skins and discard. Chop roasted peppers.
- Turn oven's temperature to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- Remove portobello mushroom caps from bag, shake off excess vinegar, and arrange onto a baking sheet.
- Roast mushrooms until tender and they give off their liquid, 5 to 8 minutes. Remove mushrooms from oven and set aside. Chop mushrooms when cool enough to handle.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a boil. Stir in fettuccine and return to a boil. Cook the pasta until tender but still slightly firm, about 8 minutes; drain.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat until butter has melted; cook and stir asparagus with garlic, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper until asparagus is tender but still bright green, about 3 minutes.
- Mix portobello mushrooms and roasted peppers into asparagus mixture and toss fettuccine with the vegetables until combined.
Per Serving: 320 calories; 8 g fat; 54.1 g carbohydrates; 11.6 g protein; 8 mg cholesterol; 37 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Keeper! This is both beautiful and delicious. I used baby bella (crimini) mushrooms and placed them on the same sheet pan as the peppers. I tossed the peppers with a little olive oil and lig...
This was excellent! My husband said it is a keeper! I did make a few a few changes. Like the others I did not peel the peppers. I added some sliced green onions (as I didn't have asparagus) to ...
This was an amazing recipe! Easy and quick. I used gluten free egg noodles and no butter or oil, just a tablespoon of coconut oil in the cast iron pan to sauté the veggies. Also didn’t skin the ...