Roasted Eggplant and Asparagus Pasta Salad
Ingredients3 h 35 m servings 209
- Place a baking rack in the top of the oven.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spread asparagus spears and eggplant slices on the baking sheet, and drizzle vegetables with 1/4 cup olive oil; sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Roast the asparagus and eggplant in the preheated oven until tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool. When cool, roughly chop the vegetables; set aside.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a boil. Stir in penne and return to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through but is still slightly firm, about 9 minutes. Drain well.
- Transfer about 1/4 of the penne at a time into a large salad bowl, drizzling each batch with about 1 teaspoon of olive oil and a 1 teaspoon of Parmesan cheese. Stir between additions.
- Stir in roasted asparagus and eggplant, lemon juice, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, balsamic vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce until thoroughly combined.
- Sprinkle pasta salad with salt-free seasoning and black pepper.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate the pasta salad until thoroughly chilled and the flavors have blended, at least 3 hours.
Per Serving: 209 calories; 7.5 27.6 8.5 2 52 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I halved the recipe to use as a side dish to Mediterranean Crusted Chicken (also from this site). I think the 3 hour wait time for the flavors to blend was a bit too much, as by the time we serv...
I had leftover asparagus and eggplant from my yard and didn’t think they would go together. This recipe brought it all together in a delicious way. The lemon and vinegar were a great addition....