Taffy Chocolate Covered Almonds
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 29
Original recipe yields 24 servings (2 dozen candies)
- Line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- Place taffy candy pieces onto a microwave-safe plate, and heat in microwave oven until warm and soft, 5 to 10 seconds. Check after 5 seconds to prevent candy from becoming too hot.
- Place a warmed taffy piece onto a flat work surface and pat out to form a 1 1/2-inch circle.
- Cut the circle into quarters.
- Place an almond onto each quarter-circle, and enclose the almond in the taffy. Repeat for remaining taffy and almonds. Let the taffy-covered almonds cool.
- Place chocolate chips into a small microwave-safe bowl, and heat chips in microwave oven until shiny and beginning to melt, about 10 seconds. Stir, then repeat microwaving and stirring in 5-second intervals until the chocolate is warm and smooth.
- Dip each taffy-wrapped almond in chocolate, place onto the parchment paper, and allow to set until the chocolate is hardened, about 20 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note
- For a gluten-free version, use gluten-free chocolate.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 29 calories; 1.3 4.8 0.3 < 1 4 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1