Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 694
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Season pork chops with salt and black pepper.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook pork chops until browned on both sides, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain pork chops on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Heat brown sugar, butter, apricot preserves, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, vanilla extract, and pecans in a saucepan over medium-low heat until sugar has dissolved and sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. If sauce because too thick, stir in reserved yam liquid.
- Stir in yams until well coated.
- Transfer pork chops to the prepared baking dish.
- Spoon yam mixture on top of the pork chops.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pork chops no longer pink in the center, 30 to 45 minutes. Allow pork chops to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Per Serving: 694 calories; 34.9 78.2 20.1 99 265 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I don't know why, but my recipe was changed from PORK STEAKS to pork chops. I prefer pork steaks -- better value for the buck than pork chops.
I went about this differently. I used fresh sweet potatoes, which I microwaved until almost done and mashed them with the butter, spices and orange marmalade, omitting the sugar and vanilla ext...