Ingredients35 m servings 429 cals
- Bring rice and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender and the water has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. Allow rice to stand covered for about 10 minutes.
- Mix salsa with black beans in a microwave-safe bowl, and cook in microwave oven on high until hot, about 2 minutes; stir once or twice during heating.
- Divide cooked rice into individual serving bowls.
- Top the rice with black bean mixture, chicken strips, and Cheddar cheese; garnish with fresh cilantro and dollops of sour cream.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 429 calories; 9.9 g fat; 56.5 g carbohydrates; 27.3 g protein; 58 mg cholesterol; 639 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 15
Very good, cheap & easy! I play softball on the weeknights so I need something I can whip up fast after work...this works! I boil my chicken in my yummy spices & then shred it. Instead of cookin...
This was so good. My husband loved it and he is a VERY picky eater. But I altered the recipe. Here's what I did. First, I put the rice in my rice cooker. Added a table spoon of butter, salt, wat...
Fast, easy.. good recipe for leftover chicken... needed more salsa in my opinion
me and my sister just made this its good n i will add it to my fav lite to make over and over again. you also could use chicken in a can it wordk just as well
Excellent recipe. I did up the salsa to 1 full cup to give it a little more zing. It was a big hit and I had requests for the recipe!
I added in taco seasoning and chili seasoning to the chicken and it tasted amazing
I added vegetable recipe mix, a yellow sweet pepper and some chicken broth, then added the the salsa and chicken and cooked that all together. Didn't have cheddar, used 3 velveta slices in the m...