Pumpkin Lobster Mac and Cheese
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 427 cals
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a rolling boil. Cook pasta shells at a boil until tender but still slightly firm, about 10 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Grease a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- Melt 2 tablespoons margarine in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir shallot in melted margarine until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk flour into margarine and shallots to form a smooth paste.
- Slowly whisk evaporated milk into flour mixture until it forms a smooth sauce; simmer until thickened, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Whisk shredded Cheddar cheese and mascarpone cheese into sauce until cheeses have melted, about 5 minutes.
- Stir pumpkin puree, lemon zest, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, nutmeg, and hot sauce into the sauce until combined.
- Lightly mix in lobster tail meat, green peas, and cooked pasta shells until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Pour pasta mixture into prepared casserole dish; top with panko crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of melted margarine over the casserole.
- Bake in the preheated oven until topping is brown and crisp, 40 minutes.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 427 calories; 23.6 g fat; 33.9 g carbohydrates; 22.6 g protein; 83 mg cholesterol; 493 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
I used imitation lobster meat and fat free evaporated milk to keep the calorie count down on the recipe. We liked this, but there isn't enough "cheese sauce" that we like. Next time I would doub...
I made this recipe and doubled it. I thought there was plenty of cheese sauce. I used real crab instead of lobster but kept everything eles the same, my family loved it! Even my son in culinary ...
This was amazing! The only thing I did differently was add more cheese of a different variety such as goat and munster. Even after I felt like I should have added more cheese and garlic. I'm mos...
We really liked this. I made it as stated in the recipe. Next time I will reduce or omit the lemon zest. The lemon flavor overpowered a little. I also prefer it a bit more creamy like it is befo...
Tried this recipe tonight with a few minor alterations.....used an 8 oz block of lite cream cheese instead of mascarpone cheese, omitted the green peas, used 2% milk instead of evaporated milk, ...
Delicious. I made this twice. I did not use the pumpkin the first time and it was still amazing. Used the pumpkin the second time and was still as good as the first time, it just depends on w...
Absolutely wonderful. I did not have shallots, so used onion and garlic from my garden, also replaced soft cheese with cream cheese - the consistency, taste and ease of making made this one of m...