Ingredients1 h servings 100
- Heat olive oil in a stockpot over medium heat. Cook and stir onion in hot oil until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir garlic through the onion; cook and stir until garlic is fragrant and slightly soft, another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place broccoli, diced tomatoes, and chicken broth into the stockpot. Reduce heat to medium-low, bring the mixture to a simmer, and cook until the broccoli is completely softened, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Stir milk into the soup and return to a simmer.
- Pour the soup into a blender, filling the pitcher no more than halfway. Hold the lid of the blender firmly in place and carefully start the blender, using a few quick pulses to get the soup moving before leaving it on to puree. Puree in batches until smooth and pour into a serving dish. Season with salt and black pepper to serve.
Per Serving: 100 calories; 2.9 13.7 4.7 3 589 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
I liked this soup a lot. I wasn't sure at first, but it grows on you, you have to give it a try. It was easy to make, pureed nicely. And what's best it was very satisfying. I made minor changes...
I used water instead of chicken broth, and soy milk instead of cow's milk. Instead of pureeing this smooth, I left it chunky, the way my family prefers! This is a "comfort" food. Thanks for t...
Really quite good....very few ingredients and all I had on hand...fresh broccoli a must. I used fat free/low sodium chicken broth and fat free half and half instead of the milk. Pureed in batche...
Unique flavor. I enjoyed this. FYI it is also tastey if you add diced leftover fried chicken
This was really good but it was too thick for me, next time I will use more liquid.
I hate tomato soup, but I thought I might like this with broccoli in it. LOVE IT. Used a 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes with basil because I didn't have diced tomatoes, used a sweet onion, 1% m...
I followed the directions exactly, using a Vitamix blender. I did include the stalks, pared and chopped. It did not come out chunky, as pictured. It was scrumptulously puréed! I added pepper...