Ingredients45 m servings 223
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot; cook and stir the onion in the hot oil until soft, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pour water and chicken bouillon cubes to the pot; cook and stir until the bouillon dissolves, about 4 minutes.
- Stir the potato and carrot into the mixture in the pot; cook another 4 minutes.
- Pour milk into the pot; add broccoli, garlic, chives, bay leaf, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper to the mixture, stir, and cook until warm, about 4 minutes.
- Stir the sliced processed cheese food into the soup, bring to a simmer, and cook and stir until the cheese food is melted completely into the soup, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking until the potatoes and carrots are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf to serve.
Per Serving: 223 calories; 12 18.2 11.9 29 1165 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
I will admit that I changed a couple of things in this recipe. For starters I chose to use fresh broccoli over frozen because all of the other veggies were fresh and it just made sense to me. I ...
Just finished making this soup and it is wonderful! My husband is a meatatarian so i added chicken and used maybe 4 oz of cheese; so much flavor and quick too. will definetely be making this aga...
I love this soup!!! I did change two things regarding the ingredients: I used fresh broccoli (although I am sure frozen would work just fine), and I also used a quart of turkey broth I had can...
This recipe is great, everyone liked it and someone even said it turned out better than Panera's soup. I added cubed, grilled chicken breast. It was very tasty!
This was the best soup. Can't have cream so this was perfect. Will make this all the time.
I haven't bought Velveeta since it was about $5. Not a big fan. Not sure why I even bothered to try this recipe, but am so glad I did. Very great soup. I had to modify the vegetables a little...
used turkey both because that's what I had. best soup I've ever had. My husband agrees. Warmed some at work & my co-workers had to try some because it smelled so good. They agree also that it is...