Rustic Flatbread Pizza
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 332 cals
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and stir in mushrooms and garlic; sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Cook and stir until the mushrooms have given off their juice and the juice has evaporated, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set mushroom mixture aside.
- Heat 1 more tablespoon olive oil in a separate large skillet over medium-high heat until very hot, and place asparagus into the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until asparagus pieces are very well browned (almost but not quite burned in spots), about 8 minutes. Remove asparagus from skillet and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium, and cook bacon in the same skillet until crisp, about 10 minutes; stir often. Drain excess grease as the bacon cooks, for crisper pieces.
- Remove bacon pieces and place on a paper towel-lined plate; blot with paper towels to reduce grease.
- Place the flatbread crust onto the prepared baking sheet, and spread marinara sauce over the crust.
- Spread the mushrooms and garlic evenly over the pizza.
- Spread asparagus over the pizza.
- Arrange bacon pieces on the pizza.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese all over the pizza, followed by Asiago cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cheeses are melted and bubbling, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- If a crispier crust is desired, remove flatbread pizza from baking sheet, tear away aluminum foil and place back into oven after 8 minutes of cooking.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 332 calories; 16.2 g fat; 33.6 g carbohydrates; 16.4 g protein; 28 mg cholesterol; 761 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
This was the AR Recipe Group Selection for the week of April 13, 2013. I made my own homemade crust and used four individual Calphalon mini pizza pans. I used the ingredients listed but altered...
Any pizza topping you like can be worked into this yummy flatbread recipe. I like this one because I bought the flatbread base from the store (rather than making it from scratch) and needed some...
Made this for Recipe Group...Delicious! I could only find individual flat breads at the store, so I just used those, which worked great! All of the flavors together were nice...a definite keeper...
Recipe Group Selection: 13, April 2013 ~ This is a winner! The grocery only had a 2-pack of small flatbreads, so that is what I used. I did change up the cooking method, somewhat. I fried th...
Made for Recipe Group. I used a store bought tube of thin pizza crust. Unrolled, cut in 4 sections. Instant flatbread! Mushrooms only on half since I detest them. I just estimated how much I wan...
I made this for the weekly recipe group selection. I just cooked the mushrooms and asparagus in the same pan. I also had a half sweet onion in the fridge so sliced it up and threw it in there al...
made this for lunch with my sisters, they lovd it! I used turkey sausage instead of bacon. I will make this again, next time I will lightly grease the foil pan.