Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 418 cals
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan, and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Cover pan and bring the water to a boil. Place 1 pound of asparagus into the steamer insert, cover, and steam until just tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Drain asparagus and set aside.
- Beat eggs, half-and-half, parsley, salt, white pepper, and green hot sauce in a bowl until smooth.
- Stir together cooked chicken, Swiss cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, mushrooms, and green onions in a bowl; mix in flour.
- Line a 9-inch pie dish with pie crust.
- Spread about half of the cooked asparagus over the bottom of the crust.
- Spread about half of the chicken mixture over the asparagus.
- Repeat layers of asparagus and chicken mixture.
- Gently pour the egg mixture over the layers.
- Arrange 3 asparagus spears decoratively on top of the quiche.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the filling is slightly puffed and lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center of the quiche comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Sprinkle quiche with cherry tomatoes, if desired.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 418 calories; 26.4 g fat; 21.3 g carbohydrates; 24.9 g protein; 211 mg cholesterol; 530 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 18
Slight modifications - did not have exact cheeses so used cheddar jack in place of Monterrey jack and provolone in place of Swiss. Turned out great!
This is delicious. I used all cheddar cheese because that's what I had in the frig, and I didn't use mushrooms because my husband doesn't like them, but I don't think you can mess this up. It's ...
Thank's for sharing !!! I had to leave out the hot sauce .( it doesn't like me !) I alway's peel my stem's so I do not get all that string from the stem's. We All Loved IT!!! I am going to make...
This was FANTASTIC! I used thin asparagus, fat-free half-and-half, and a frozen un-thawed pie crust. Delicious and beautiful. The tweens ate it with ZERO complaints (or compliments, to be honest...
I used this recipe as a basis, since it was basically what I wanted. Since a lot of reviewers said it was too salty, I didn't use salt at all. I also didn't use the herbs listed...I just used ...
I will start off by saying this is an extremely good pie, but there are a couple of problems with this recipe. One, it's not very quiche-like. The middle isn't firm, it's actually kind of wate...
Love the chicken in the quiche, but overall not enough flavor to balance the asparagus with the chicken.
Very very good.. I used ham steak instead of the chicken. I cooked for an hour. Makes for a great Easter brunch.