Ingredients21 d 40 m servings 11
- Soak Brussels sprouts in a large bowl filled with lightly salted water for about 15 minutes. Drain well.
- Sterilize the jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes.
- Divide the drained Brussels sprouts evenly between jars, filling the jars about 3/4-inch from the top.
- Place 1 garlic clove and 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes in each jar.
- Bring vinegar, water, and pickling salt to a boil in a large pot over medium-high heat until the salt is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the vinegar mixture into the jars, filling the jars to within 1/4 inch of the top.
- Run a knife or a thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles.
- Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids, and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot, and fill stockpot halfway with water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then carefully lower the jars into the pot using a holder. Leave a 2-inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary, until the water level is at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a full boil, cover the pot, and process for 10 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool.
- Once cool, press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all). Store in a cool, dark area, and wait at least 3 weeks before opening.
Per Serving: 11 calories; 0.1 2.2 0.8 0 1228 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 12
What an excellent recipe, I replaced the pepper flakes with fresh minced hot peppers for the garden. Also added ground bell pepper, onion and garlic too. Essentially I ground everything up, put ...
Just made these today and can't wait to try them! They were very simple to make...I halved the recipe and got 3 half-pint jars out of it (had extra liquid left over, but that was no big deal). W...
This was a good starter recipe. I added dill and pickling spice. I also added a habenaro on some jars for a little kick for Bloody Marys! Thanks for recipe!
I made cases of them. They are turning purple. They still taste good and have a good texture. What causes this? Could it be the crushed red pepper flakes that does it. Would love to know!!!...
It was supper easy! added jalapeno slices and some dill pickling season to the brine.the original ingredient need some more zest.I'll let you know in 3 wk's how they come out!
So excited to see how these taste. Really quick, simple recipe to follow :)
I used a few mustard seeds and onions. lovely unusual pickle
This is the second batch of these I've made. They are soo good, I know they won't last long.