Ingredients30 m servings 101
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook and stir garlic and green onions in saucepan until garlic is just golden, about 3 minutes.
- Cook and stir asparagus with garlic and green onions until slightly softened, about 2 more minutes.
- Pour in vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until asparagus is tender, about 10 minutes. Turn off heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Pour soup into blender, filling no more than halfway full. Cover with a lid. Carefully start the blender, using a few quick pulses to get soup moving before leaving it on to puree. Puree in batches until smooth.
- Transfer soup back to saucepan and reheat. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
Per Serving: 101 calories; 4.1 13.3 5.1 0 448 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
I used this recipe today as a starting off point. I added some additional vegetables for flavor and nutrition, but kept the main ingredient as asparagus. (broccoli, kale, peppers, eggplant, and ...
I'm an Asparagus lover, so decided to try this. I didn't have fresh Asparagus nor green onions, but used dehydrated Asparagus and dehydrated onions. I rehydrated each in boiling water for 30 min...
Finally an asparagus soup which tastes like asparagus and isn't the consistency of wallpaper paste. This was soooo good. Served with a dollop of sour cream and garlic croutons from this websit...
This was a nice soup. It's not my favorite asparagus based soup I've made, but it's a nice soup nonetheless. THANK YOU, gonefishn!
This turned out pretty well. I didn't have vegetable broth so I used chicken broth.