Ingredients35 m servings 635 cals
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate. Watch Now
- Cut steak into 6 thick strips. Season generously with salt and pepper. Watch Now
- Grill mushrooms for 5-6 minutes over medium-high heat until they begin to wilt. Remove the stem end to separate the mushrooms. Watch Now
- Stir mushrooms in a bowl with salt and pepper, sherry vinegar, and extra virgin olive oil. Set aside. Watch Now
- Grill steaks for 3-4 minutes per side over medium-high heat, until medium rare or to desired doneness. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C). Let rest for 5 minutes. Watch Now
- Whisk together barbeque sauce, cider vinegar and vegetable oil. Set aside. Watch Now
- Serve grilled steaks on hot dog buns with mayonnaise, arugula, cherry tomatoes, grilled mushrooms, and barbeque sauce mixture. Watch Now
Per Serving: 635 calories; 42.4 g fat; 27.2 g carbohydrates; 34.4 g protein; 105 mg cholesterol; 566 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This is the BEST steak sandwich I have ever had in my long life. Amazing! I did have to change it up due to my inability to get some of the ingredients. I had to use small crimini mushrooms beca...
Great steak. I didn't quite get the steak cooked enough for it to be really tender but that's hardly the fault of the recipe. The mushrooms were a hit with my non mushroom eating wife.