Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 531 cals
- Beat heavy cream in a large bowl with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Cream together cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, milk, and 1 1/2 teaspoon strawberry jam in a separate large bowl.
- Fold whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, white sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- Cut in shortening with a knife or pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Beat together egg yolk and buttermilk in a small bowl, then stir into the flour mixture until moistened.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for five or six turns. Pat or roll the dough out into a 1/2 inch thick round.
- Cut dough out with a 1-inch biscuit cutter and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cool on the sheet for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cut the cooled biscuits in half .
- Skewer half a biscuit on a toothpick, followed by a strawberry slice and another biscuit half.
- Swirl 1 tablespoon strawberry jam decoratively into the chilled dip and serve with the strawberry shortcake skewers.
Per Serving: 531 calories; 33.3 g fat; 51.1 g carbohydrates; 8.6 g protein; 117 mg cholesterol; 617 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Fun way to serve strawberry shortcake, although it would be a pretty big bite for kids, but 2 bites would work. My cutter was 1-1/2" (smallest I had), so not that much bigger than the 1" calle...
This is SOOO good! My kids were making Popchef skewers, so I was making a few different dips for all the fruit. I only made the dip, not the shortcake part of this recipe, so I can't comment on ...