Wholesome Buckwheat Crepes
Ingredients4 h 15 m servings 283 cals
- Combine buckwheat groats with about 1 1/3 cup water in a bowl; allow to soak, draining and rinsing once or twice during soaking, 4 hours to overnight.
- Rinse and drain groats one final time. Transfer drained groats to a blender with egg, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and 1/2 cup water; blend into a smooth batter. Blend more water into the mixture as needed to reach a smooth, spreadable texture.
- Lightly grease a skillet and place over medium heat.
- Pour about 1/3 cup batter into the skillet; lift and tilt the skillet to swirl the batter evenly over the skillet; return to heat.
- Cook for about 2 minutes. Gently flip the crepe and cook the other side until the crepe is firm in the middle, about 2 minutes more; flip again and cook about 12 seconds. Plate and serve immediately.
Per Serving: 283 calories; 3.8 g fat; 54.1 g carbohydrates; 9.7 g protein; 93 mg cholesterol; 336 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
I forgot to add the necessary 1 tsp ground flax seeds in this recipe. You can use maple syrup instead of brown sugar, which is what I prefer to do. you can also use rice milk or your milk of cho...
These are really good. It's a different taste, but a welcomed different taste. They go really well with sunflower butter spread on them!
Loved the flavor but had huge problems with texture. Added more water but was afraid to add too much. Never got it to pour and even spreading was difficult. They were not pretty but I will wo...
I used honey instead of sugar, and omitted the salt. This was my first time making crepes, and found them easy to make with this recipe! I love the use of buckwheat!
Even my picky eater asked for seconds! Instead of flipping them a second time I spread them with peanut butter and a layer of sliced banana so the filling would be warm. I'll probably try the...