Red Bird Wrap
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Had to make a sandwich for a challenge in a group for another site; she gave us two mystery ingredients: red wine vinegar and red bell peppers. We then had to build a sandwich around those ingredients; this is what I made. Give it a try! It's so tasty, one person said it looked like a fancy bistro sandwich and it WON THE CHALLENGE for that week! If you don't have seedless jam, you can either use it with seeds or heat a little and put through a fine strainer. I left the seeds in and they are so tiny, it wasn't a problem. Your choice!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 350
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 wraps)
- Whisk together red wine vinegar, raspberry jam, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and black pepper in a bowl until smooth. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate to blend flavors, at least 30 minutes.
- Lightly toss tomato, spinach, and Italian cheese blend in a bowl. Drizzle the mixture with 3 tablespoons raspberry dressing and toss again.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; place a tortilla into the skillet and cook until small brown spots dot the bottom of the tortilla, about 45 seconds.
- Flip tortilla over and cook until it starts to slightly puff up, another 45 seconds.
- Transfer the warmed tortilla to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas; stack them on the paper plate with paper towels between each.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat; place chicken breasts into hot oil and pan-fry until lightly browned and no longer pink inside, about 5 minutes per side. Set chicken aside.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, cook and stir cremini mushrooms, red bell pepper, and green onion until mushrooms have softened and released their juice, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer mushroom mixture to a plate lined with paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Thinly slice chicken breasts, then chop into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Return chopped chicken to the hot skillet and cook and stir until the chicken is lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes.
- To assemble, place a warm tortilla onto a plate. Sprinkle with 1/4 of the chopped chicken.
- Drizzle chicken with 1 teaspoon of raspberry dressing.
- Top with 1/4 of the tomato-cheese mixture and 1/4 of the mushroom mixture.
- Roll the tortilla over the fillings to serve.
Per Serving: 350 calories; 17.6 35.7 19.5 39 335 Full nutrition