Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 587 cals
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Bring water and crab boil bag to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Stir in lobster tails and boil until they turn bright red and the meat becomes opaque, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Drain and cool lobster tails. Remove shells, and dice lobster meat. Transfer to a bowl.
- Place a pie crust into the bottom of a 9-inch pie pan and set aside.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook and stir onion and celery in butter until tender, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Stir flour into onion and celery mixture until vegetables are coated with flour.
- Combine chicken broth and milk in a bowl.
- Slowly stir broth and milk into onion, celery, and flour mixture until thickened.
- Stir seafood seasoning, garlic powder, and ground black pepper into thickened sauce.
- Mix thawed vegetables, diced potato, and cooked lobster meat into the sauce; simmer until potato is tender, about 8 minutes.
- Pour lobster filling into the prepared pie crust.
- Cover with remaining pie crust ,and seal by crimping the edges of the two crusts together.
- Cut an 'X' into top of pie crust with a sharp knife to allow steam to escape during baking.
- Bake pie in the preheated oven until crust is golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes to allow sauce to thicken.
Per Serving: 587 calories; 33.1 g fat; 46.7 g carbohydrates; 25.8 g protein; 119 mg cholesterol; 1058 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 14
YUM, YUM, AND MORE YUM!!! I loved this recipe and even though, all I had was an imitation lobster (I know...I know....)it was just delicious. I followed the recipe for the most part, since my "l...
Wow!! I don't usually make recipes with only a few reviews, but I sure am glad I made this one!! I have been looking for a lobster pot pie recipe & this one is perfect!! I made as written but su...
Made this last night and it was fantastic. Lobsters are relatively cheap this year and I was able to get some on sale. Added sherry to the sauce and used half and half instead of milk. Talk a...
Very good ...I had the same issue as the first poster...5 lobster tails would be great but we don't live in Maine and lobster was very expensive. I didn't sink to faux lobster....but at my store...
This recipe won me first place in a cooking competition! It's a great base recipe that you can add your own spin to. I used the chicken stock as listed, but enhanced it by adding clam juice and ...
I really loved this recipe, I also cheated with imitation lobster and added a healthy amount of sherry, but it turned out perfect. Thanks!
made this as a romantic dinner for valentine's day. my husband absolutely loved every bite & so did I. it was worth the effort!
I submitted this recipe and I want to thank all who gave it a 5 star rating. I did try adding sherry to the sauce, but found the savory sauce taste the same with or without the sherry. To Mad ...