Mahi and Mushrooms
Spencer & Serena
Ingredients1 h servings 363
- Mix the garlic, shallot, red pepper flakes, and 2 tablespoons olive oil together in a shallow dish.
- Lay the mahi mahi fillets in the olive oil mixture; turn to coat.
- Season the fillets with salt and black pepper.
- Transfer the dish to the refrigerator and allow the fillets to marinate 30 minutes to overnight.
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook and stir the oyster mushrooms in the hot oil until tender, about 5 minutes; season with salt and black pepper.
- Pour the white wine over the mushrooms; bring to a simmer and allow to cook while you prepare the mahi mahi.
- Remove the mahi mahi fillets from the marinade; shake to remove any excess marinade.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Gently lay the fillets in the hot skillet; cook about 5 minutes. Pour the marinade over the fillets and continue cooking until the fish is just beginning to flake in the center; remove from heat, transfer to a serving dish, and keep warm.
- Add the tomatoes and butter to the mushroom and wine mixture. Cook and stir together just until the butter has melted; spoon over the mahi mahi fillets to serve.
Per Serving: 363 calories; 25.2 6.4 22.6 97 152 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 12
This was delicious. I followed the recipe except for the tomatoes. Instead I added some steamed kale. It was excellent.
I've enjoyed this so much. First time making Mahi ever . Came out perfect. Not overcooked and marinated it overnight. I added rice and polish sausage for a little fat
so good - if you think you don't like fish, you're wrong mahi mahi eats like meat and this recipe keeps you coming back for more!
This turned out delicious! The only changes I made was that I used ahi tuna, because I had it on hand, and added in some fresh spinach to the sauce. I served it over a bed of long grain & wild r...
Was very tasty. My wife, not big on fish, and I both enjoyed it.
Delicious! Used cremini mushrooms and a different white fishouse. Will make it again for sure.