Plain ole Bob
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 328
- Mix together oregano, salt, white pepper, black pepper, cayenne pepper, thyme, and basil in a small bowl; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat; stir in tomato, onion, celery, green bell pepper, and garlic. Cook and stir until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock, tomato sauce, sugar, hot pepper sauce, and bay leaves. Reduce heat to low and bring sauce to a simmer. Stir in seasoning mix and simmer until the flavors have blended, about 20 minutes.
- Gently stir in rock shrimp, bay scallops, and haddock; bring sauce back to a simmer and cook until the shellfish and fish are opaque, about 20 more minutes. Remove bay leaves to serve.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 328 calories; 10 11.8 47.2 224 1019 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 87
This recipe was absolutely delish!! I made it for Valentine's supper tonight and it went over fabulously well with my significant other. :-) I made the recipe exactly as written like I aways d...
This was amazing! The only thing I changed was I added a can of pettite diced tomatoes....my husband and I both loved it..all it needs is some crusty bread for dipping!
Grat flavor! Following some of the other suggestions, I made 1/2 recipe for most of the ingredients, but didn't half the tomato or spices. We like spicy, and would rate this spice 2/5 (doublin...
Loved this recipe! Added a serrano pepper, as we like things quite spicy and left out the fish. Served over a little bit of white rice. This will be a repeat in our house!
Absolutely wonderful! I didn't have any celery on hand, so I simply substituted celery salt for the table salt, and I added some sausage that needed to be used up. I served with just with garl...
MADE THIS RECIPE AND WAS TOTALLY AWSOME I ALSO ADDED SOME ANDOUILLE SAUSAGE AND I SERVED IT OVER POLENTA. I DIDNT ADD THE TABASCO AND USED 1/2 OF THE CAYENNE.......LITTLE TO HOT FOR DAD....BUT...
This is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!!!!!! You HAVE to try it!!!! You will NOT be disapointed at all.
Excellent recipe but I improved it by adding a bottle of clam juice. Fresh herbs are nice too! Tried it once with Andouille sausage and that was a nice substitution for the scallops.