Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 491 cals
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease and flour a 9x9-inch square pan and a 9-inch round pan.
- Stir together the cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs together in a bowl until smooth.
- Mix in the strawberry gelatin until combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 2 prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Transfer the square cake onto a large platter.
- Cut the round cake in half, then arrange the cut side of the cake along two edges of the square cake to create a heart shape.
- Poke several holes on the top of the cake using the handle of a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the cake so that it runs into the holes; allow the milk to soak in.
- Spread the strawberry preserves on top of the cake.
- Fold the cream cheese frosting into the whipped topping in a bowl until just incorporated.
- Spread the frosting over the top and sides of the cake.
Per Serving: 491 calories; 22 g fat; 70.4 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 43 mg cholesterol; 322 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I had my doubts while assembling the cake (which I did the day before) but I shouldn't have worried, the cake was delicious. I have already had requests for another one! Didn't change anything...
I made a strawberry cake once before and it did not turn out. So when my youngest son asked for a strawberry cake I was a bit nervous. This recipe was great! Everyone loved it and told me to hol...
This was pretty good, though it is quite sweet. Reminds me of strawberry ice cream but in cake form. Not sure if it really needs the condensed milk over it, I think just the strawberries and fro...