Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 206 cals
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Drop lasagna noodles into water and add 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Cook until noodles are tender but still slightly firm, about 8 minutes.
- Drain water from the noodles and let cool.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook and stir garlic and eggplant chunks until eggplant is partially cooked, about 7 minutes.
- Pour tomato sauce into the skillet and simmer until eggplant is tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Combine ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt, black pepper, and egg in a bowl.
- Mix spinach into ricotta cheese mixture.
- Spread a layer of tomato sauce mixture into the bottom of a 9x12-inch baking dish.
- Place 4 noodles on top of the sauce, overlapping if necessary.
- Spoon 1/3 of the remaining tomato sauce over noodles.
- Spread 1/3 of the ricotta mixture over the tomato sauce
- Repeat layers twice more, starting with noodles and following with sauce and ricotta mixture.
- Top the lasagna with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until the ricotta filling is set and mozzarella cheese topping is lightly browned, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Per Serving: 206 calories; 7.6 g fat; 23.2 g carbohydrates; 13.7 g protein; 31 mg cholesterol; 660 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 13
Great recipe. I left out the cottage cheese and doubled the ricotta. I just don't feel cottage cheese belongs in lasagna. If my Sicilian grandmother were still here she would have fainted fro...
So yummy! I added mushrooms, squash, rosemary, and used about 1.5x the sauce recommended. I highly recommend this! Next time I make it, I'm going to add shredded chicken.
Delicious. My kids tore it up. I used a bit more sauce than the recipe called for, if you don't like your lasagna dry, i would. Highly recommend.
This was delicious! I had a 16 oz container of full fat cottage cheese so I just used that instead of ricotta. I also sauteed an onion before adding the garlic and eggplant, because that makes...
Came out very good. As per other reviews doubled the ricotta cheese, avoided the cottage cheese. Increased the tomato sauce.
This recipe is so easy and delicious! It is easy to put together and faster than a meat lasagna. Made the recipe just as called.
I followed the recipe and had to add more than mayo sauc e. I don't think recipe gave the correct amount of tomato sauce needed and that is why I am only given it 4 stars. Otherwise Lasagna was...