Ingredientsservings 1356 cals
- In a skillet, cook and crumble sausage in 1 tablespoon olive oil until no longer pink; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine bread cubes and the remaining oil. Sprinkle with pepper; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes or until crisp and a lightly browned, stirring once. Remove pan to a wire rack to cool slightly.
- In a very large bowl, combine the bread cubes, reserved sausage, Parmesan cheese, green pepper, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, and garlic.
- Combine eggs and water; pour over bread mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a buttered 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Dot with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until hot.
Per Serving: 1356 calories; 71.1 g fat; 122.7 g carbohydrates; 52 g protein; 211 mg cholesterol; 2913 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I made this stuffing with homemade focaccia. Since my Hubby made a smoked turkey my family was expecting the stuffing to taste more like a traditional stuffing. I felt the dressing would go bett...
This is a drier stuffing than the family is used to but they gave it a thumbs up. Flavor abounds in this recipe. Stuck to the recipe, just lowered servings. It was easy to prepare, made the hous...