Ingredients2 h 25 m servings 846 cals
- Stir 2 tablespoons sugar into the warm water; sprinkle the yeast on top and stir to mix. Set aside for 5 minutes. Whisk the flour and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center; pour in the yeast mixture and stir to make a shaggy dough. Place dough on a floured surface and knead about 5 minutes, until smooth and elastic, adding just enough flour to prevent it from sticking.
- Form into a ball, place in a large oiled bowl, turning to coat with the oil. Arrange dough seam-side down and cover bowl with plastic wrap. Let rise at room temperature about 1 hour 30 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Position oven rack to top shelf, along with a pizza stone or baking sheet. Preheat to 450 degrees F.
- Prepare sausage in a large skillet. Remove and drain the fat.
- Sprinkle working surface and rolling pin with cornmeal to prevent sticking. Knead dough for a few seconds to begin shaping it into a ball. Using rolling pin, roll the dough out to a circle that is approximately 10" in diameter. Finish stretching using your hands. The dough should be thin.
- Remove baking sheet or pizza stone from the oven and sprinkle it with cornmeal. Carefully place the pizza dough on the stone or baking sheet and quickly sprinkle with Ricotta cheese. Scatter the Mozzarella and Gorgonzola pieces, along with the sausage, and finally, top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly. Remove from oven, garnish with fresh herbs, cut and enjoy!
- Note: Always cook sausage to internal temperature of 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
Per Serving: 846 calories; 47 g fat; 66.7 g carbohydrates; 35.1 g protein; 114 mg cholesterol; 1822 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This recipe was delicious and with a small edit to the directions, it would be five stars for sure! The cheeses work well together and the sausage is very flavorful (especially Johnsonville's h...
This is one of our favorite homemade pizza recipes. I made a spelt flatbread crust and loved how the sausage stood out nicely with the blend of cheeses.