- Position oven rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut baguette in half and then slice it open to create four equal open-faced pieces. Remove the doughy center, leaving a half inch border close to the edge.
- In a large skillet, saute sausage until browned. Remove from heat, thinly coin slice and set aside.
- Top the baguettes evenly with 3/4 of the shredded fontina cheese. Shake on red pepper flakes to taste. Place sausage pieces evenly on top around the edges. Add the rest of the fontina and the diced tomatoes. Bake for 5-8 minutes and remove from oven.
- Using the back of a spoon, lightly make 4 indentations in the center of the baguettes not too close to the crust, pushing some of the ingredients to the sides. Carefully crack an egg into each depression. Grind pepper on each egg, and top with Parmesan Cheese.
- Return to the oven for 5-7 minutes, until the egg whites are set, but the yolk is still soft. Remove, sprinkle with fresh chives, cut and enjoy!
- Note: Always cook sausage to internal temperature of 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
Per Serving: 1027 calories; 65.2 53.2 55.1 356 2441 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
This was very good! I used Johnsonville chicken chipolte fully cooked sausage. My kids like scrambled eggs and will never eat sunnyside-up eggs so I whisked the eggs before adding them ontop and...
I used a day old french bread loaf to make this recipe. No fontina cheese, I used mozzerella instead and half the amount called for. This was INHALED by my husband and kids in literally 15 minut...
I totally loved these pizzas ~ Thank you Johnsonville. I did make a few changes. I hollowed out like suggested and then coated with a think layer of tomato an basil sauce, I used small heirloo...
I must admit, I was dreading making these pizzas, because of my general apathy towards eggs. However, I was tasked w/making Johnsonville recipes and was pleasantly surprised with this outcome; ...
My grocery store had only the ground sausage (weird), so I substituted that for the links. This was good: The flavors are perfect, and they are a convenient breakfast option. However, I think th...