Chicken with Savory Herbed Rice
made it | 0 reviews |
"If you're looking for a quick-cooking dish that's got lots of great flavor, try this savory saute featuring golden chicken, peas, thyme-seasoned rice and Parmesan cheese."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 324 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Season the chicken with the garlic powder and black pepper.
- Cook the chicken in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 10 minutes or until well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- Heat the broth and thyme in the skillet over medium-high heat to a boil. Stir in the rice. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the peas. Return the chicken to the skillet. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender. Stir the cheese into the rice mixture before serving.
- Recipe Tips:
- Ingredient Note: We develop our recipes using a 4-to 5-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast half per serving. However, there are a range of sizes available in-store, from the butcher counter to the meat case and the freezer section. Use whichever you prefer- just follow the recipe as written above for the best result. If you're using larger chicken breasts they may require a little longer cooking time.
- Nutritional Values per Serving
- Using Swanson Chicken Broth: : Calories 344, Total Fat 5g, Saturated Fat 2g, Cholesterol 88mg, Sodium 539mg, Total Carbohydrate 35g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Protein 37g, Vitamin A 16%DV, Vitamin C 11%DV, Calcium 7%DV, Iron 23%DV
- Using Swanson Chicken Stock: : Calories 348, Total Fat 5g, Saturated Fat 2g, Cholesterol 86mg, Sodium 386mg, Total Carbohydrate 35g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Protein 38g, Vitamin A 16%DV, Vitamin C 11%DV, Calcium 7%DV, Iron 24%DV
Per Serving: 324 calories; 4.3 g fat; 35.3 g carbohydrates; 33.7 g protein; 78 mg cholesterol; 564 mg sodium. Full nutrition