Lobster Mashed Potatoes
Ingredients1 h servings 503
- Preheat an oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
- Combine the water with 2 tablespoons salt in a large pot; bring to a boil
- Plunge lobster into boiling water, cover the pot, and return the water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook at a simmer until the lobster becomes bright right, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the lobster from the water and set aside to cool.
- When cool enough to handle, clean lobster and pull out tail meat, reserving the tail shell. Crack claws and remove the meat.
- Chop the tail meat coarsely and reserve with the intact claw meat in a covered dish; keep warm in the preheated oven.
- Put about 1 inch of water in the bottom of a saucepan with 1 teaspoon salt; bring to boil.
- Add potatoes to the boiling water; top with intact lobster tail shell.
- Cover the saucepan and return the water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and cook at a simmer until the potatoes are easily pierced with a fork, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove lobster shell and discard.
- Drain the water from the saucepan.
- Reduce the heat to low. Gently shake the pan over low heat to dry the potatoes.
- Add the butter to the potatoes and mash until no lumps remain.
- Add cream until you get your preferred consistency
- Fold in reserved chopped lobster meat.
- Sprinkle with paprika to serve.
Per Serving: 503 calories; 18.3 43.6 40.2 178 5336 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
Excellent side dish. One question, why did I preheat my oven to 200*?
The preheated oven should be used during step 6...keeping the lobster meat warm until you are ready to fold it into the potatoes.
This isn't so much of a review than it is a thank you to Mauigirl for giving me a new way to make potatoes! I couldn't follow the lobster part of the recipe because I used frozen chopped lobster...
The best mashed potatoes I’ve ever had! I made these for thanksgiving and everyone took them home before anything else. I even tried it with imitation crab meat and it was awesome!!