Tiramisu Angel Cake
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 398 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 cake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place cake mix and 1 1/4 cup of water in a large glass or metal mixing bowl; beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds to mix the ingredients. Change mixer speed to medium and beat 1 minute more.
- Pour the batter into an ungreased 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven on the center rack until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Remove cake from the oven, allow to cool completely, and remove from the pan. Cut the cake horizontally into 2 layers. Place 1 layer onto a serving platter to serve as the bottom of the cake; set the second layer aside.
- Mix instant coffee with 3/4 cup of water in a bowl until dissolved; drizzle the coffee mixture evenly over the bottom cake layer.
- Drizzle coffee liqueur over the bottom cake layer.
- Beat 8 ounces cream cheese, 1/2 cup cream, butter, and French vanilla pudding mix with an electric mixer in a bowl until the mixture is smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Spread pudding mixture over the bottom cake layer.
- Place the top cake layer onto the filling.
- Beat 4 ounces cream cheese, 2 tablespoons cream, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla extract with an electric mixer in a bowl until smooth.
- Spread the frosting over the top and sides of the cake. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 398 calories; 16.3 g fat; 55.1 g carbohydrates; 5.8 g protein; 53 mg cholesterol; 587 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
While we enjoyed this cake, I would've liked to have a bit more coffee flavor. Next time will probably change a few things around to fit my individual taste. I also used a few lower calorie su...